3.01.2014

March 1 #NailArtMar, #Dotticure

So, I am trying to do this Instagram challenge things from Californails for March and I'm already a fail. I did the manicure but got so excited about posting to Instagram that I completely forgot to tag the challenge. Anyway, I'm putting it here for posterity.

I used my new stamping plates from Shany for the first time on my ring fingers and am happy with the way it turned out. My only complaint is that there aren't any full nail designs on the plates. That's not really Shany's fault; more my own for not really knowing what I was getting when I bought them. I currently have a couple of Pueen nail plates in my cart on Amazon, but haven't pushed the button to buy them yet. I'm wanting to make sure I am ordering the patterns I want because I have a feeling this is going to end up being a huge obsession for me and it's going to cost me a small fortune to feed.

Also, I used my new Shany polish. I don't know what color it is because the color stickers were all wonky when I got them. But its a really pretty pealized green so it seemed fitting for the first of March.

Now, with no further ado my #Dotticure for March 1.


It's not perfect, but I'm happy with the way the stamp came out. I had to play with it to figure out the exact pressure to use when scraping the plate and how fast I had to work to get the image on my nail. The other hand is a little less precise, but I'll spare you the details of that one.

Next, I want to figure out how to make my own decals, but I think I'll practice with stamping for a while before I jump into anything else.

Hope you enjoyed the stay and don't forget, NO NEKKID NAILS!

0 comments:

Post a Comment