9.08.2014

31 Day Challenge, Day 3: Blue

So, I completely failed at Day 2. I actually did do my nails in a pretty green shade, but my sinus infection was getting the better of me and they looked horrible. Then I went and died in bed while they were still wet and they looked even worse by morning. Needless to say, there isn't any photographic evidence of that #fail.

For day 3 we could do either blue or violet. I looked around for inspiration but ended up sticking to something simple. Mostly because I'm still sick and didn't have the patience, or a steady hand, to do anything complicated.

Today's mani is using my standard base coats of Sally Hansen Hard As Wraps (which does make a huge difference) and ORLY Bonder. On top, I have 2 coats of Shany blue (no name). This color really surprised me. I wasn't expecting to like it, in all honesty. But it went on very smooth and has the most lovely shimmer to it. Even now, I stop and look at it occasionally because it just makes me happy. :)

On the accent nail, I used my custom Eugene Malibu color called Beloved (found here). I am really happy with the way it goes on. It truly is a glitter bomb. It's packed! This is one coat of glitter over 2 coats of polish. On top is a coat of OPI fast dry top coat and a coat of Seche Vite. I still love SV, but I've found that using another topper underneath it, it helps prevent shrinking on the edges.

My lighting set up consists of my bathroom mirror lights right now, so please forgive me. I'm trying to figure out a way to do a good light set up that won't involve my husband laughing at me for making a 'nail photo lab'. I'm sure the day is coming.

So, what do you think?


0 comments:

Post a Comment