9.04.2014

31 Day Challenge, Day 1: Red or Orange

So, I said before that I was going to do the 31 Day Challenge over the course of the year. Well, it started over at the beginning of September and several bloggers are going to do it twice a week instead of each day. This is much more along my lines of time commitment. You can find the challenge prompts here (courtesy www.willpaintnailsforfood.com)

For day 1, I did Red and Orange because I couldn't decided between one over the other. I want to apologize in advance for the picture. I know it's horrible. I have been trying to get sick (and confirmed a double ear and sinus infection today) so this one is rather sloppy and I couldn't get my hand to be still to get a good picture.



I like the idea behind the design, but I'm not terribly happy with the way it turned out. I used a red Shany polish that I got with my big set (look here). The orange is Orly Melt My Popsicle (FAVE) and the yellow is a combination of a pale yellow by Revlon and a mustardy color by Shany. Neither had names.


I did a base of the Revlon yellow because the Shany was really thin. Then I used a makeup sponge to make a gradient. I like the way it looks like a sunset. I wanted to add a palm tree but I didn't have a stamp and I knew my hands were too shaky to attempt drawing. No palm tree. :( I ended up adding some little square thingies and painting some attempted tiger stripes. Like I said, I'm not happy with it, and it will be coming off tonight. I should have a yellow or green manicure up tonight or tomorrow, depending on how awful I feel when I get home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment