8.19.2014

Inspiration is everywhere

So, if you're anything like me, the more you do art, whether on your nails or on a canvas, you begin to see inspiration everywhere. Everyday patterns begin to 'pop' at you; colors seem to blend together or contrast more than normal. It's an amazing experience when you can look out across the world and your mind translates that beauty into something creative in your mind.

This is how I got the inspiration to do this weeks mani. I found this really pretty comforter set in JC Penney (I think) and the colors just spoke to me. So, this week, here's the pattern I tried to recreate:


So, here's the result. I know the photos are horrible; I am still trying to get my whole photo set up established. It's incredibly difficult to get a good shot; I think I'm going to end up setting up a light box. But until then, just know that this isn't meant as a true representation of the polish color, but an example of the pattern.





Supplies used:


  • Orly Bonder Rubberized Base Coat
  • China Glaze Re-Fresh Mint (3 coats)
  • Orly Prince Charming (2 coats plus the stamping)
  • Pueen stamp 73. Its one of the round discs, from the 2014 collection, I believe
  • Seche Vite top coat
So what do you think? Where have you gleaned inspiration?

0 comments:

Post a Comment