8.14.2014

Polish Review - China Glaze, SinfulColors

As promised, here's my first polish review!

The colors I used for the manicure in my last post (here) are probably my two favorites right now. The first, the main red, is China Glaze Rose Among Thorns. I love the way it looks. It's a sheer color and took 3 coats to get the polish opaque enough that I couldn't see my natural nail through it, but the consistency is great, no streaking.

On top of the red, I added SinfulColors Pinky Glitter. It, too, takes about 3 coats to become opaque, but even then you can still see a shadow of my natural nail. I love this polish. I'm not typically a pink kinda of girl, but this one is just too pretty not to love. The flecks of glitter are slightly holographic and the polish base does a really good job of showing it off. In natural sunlight it shimmers like crazy. On this mani, I only added one coat on top of the China Glaze, simply to give it a shine and I am really happy with the way it turned out.

I used Seche Vite as a top coat. I love SV, I really do, but its big drawback is apparent with this mani and the reason I'm not 100% happy with it. SV is bad about shrinking cheaper polishes. Even though I wrapped the end of my nail, it still shrunk pretty bad, as you can see. As far as I know, SV can't be beat for top coat shine and fast drying so I'm sticking with it for now.



Let me know what you think! Do you have a top coat that doesn't shrink? Do you have a trick to preventing it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment